Today was the start of my Web Developer Bootcamp at Thinkful.com. I’m really happy with my decision so far! I think this is going to be a great experience!
As expected, it starts out with the basics. Here are some of the things I did today:
- Learned how to use CodePen.com
- Installed Sublime text editor and learned how to: access the command palette, use the tab completion feature, setup a folder structure in the side panel, install Sublime packages, use the multi-edit feature, and some other handy keyboard shortcuts.
- Review of basic HTML and CSS.
- On my own, and unrelated to the class, I took a break and learned how to create a triangle using CSS. At first I couldn’t wrap my head around it. I couldn’t figure out how the triangle was formed by making the adjacent sides transparent. Then I found an animated gif that showed how the borders meet an angle. Then it all made sense. Pretty cool stuff!
- Then I went back to my class and learned more about the Sublime editor, which lead me to these helpful pages:
- I’ve been including some links with each entry, so on-top of the two above here is an interesting article I read today about creating standards within the coding bootcamp communities.