Yep! I just finished my first Full Stack app tonight and made the final push! That’s why there haven’t been any updates here for a while. I’ve been working on the app every single day- yes literally seven days a week- for around 6 to 10 hours for about six weeks. It was my first time going through all the motions on my own- from wire frame to having a fully functional app deployed online.
I used the MERN stack, which is MongoDB, Express, React, and Node. If you go to the MERN website, they also include Redux and Webpack but I don’t think you can include those in the acronym without it sounding more weird. MEWRRN? MERRWN? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Anyways, so, the backend is deployed on Heroku and the frontend is deployed over at Netlify. It’s all up on Github too, which I’ll link to at the bottom.
I learned a ton and I had fun making it, except for the times I got stuck and wanted to throw my laptop out the window. We all have those moments, right? I hope it’s not just me.
That’s about all for now. I’ll probably have more updates in a couple weeks. I am going to continue building projects, so I’ll try to remember to post some up here.
- My app: https://peachofmind.netlify.com/
- I’m so proud of it! It’s simple but a lot of work, love, learning, and frustration went into it. Hope you like it.
- You can find login instructions here: https://peachofmind.netlify.com/demo
NOTE: I don’t pay for Heroku yet so the first login might be slow if the server went to sleep.
- Frontend: https://github.com/preston206/peach-of-mind–frontend
- Backend: https://github.com/preston206/peach-of-mind–backend
- NOTE: as of 2/26 I havent setup the documentation yet- it still has the default CRApp text
- Technically, this is my second Full Stack app, but the last one just used regular JS and jQuery on the frontend. While this one feels more official because I used an actual frontend framework.